Monday, March 5, 2018

Of Feather And Bone - Bestial Hymns of Perversion (2018)



I must be on my way to becoming a completely simpleton. I haven't been moved one way or the other by any of the new releases that have been coming out… I am sure it has more than a little to do with the fact that I have been a little preoccupied from the endless ether of music beyond listening to it at every corner I turn, but in terms of "keeping up" with the music head Joneses I have been a slack.

•  †  •

Of course a record smeared in bestial death metal would have my attention though, my Troglodytic brain is placated by the simplicity of its approach; gurgling vocal belch accompanied by whirring buzzsaw guitars followed by the funeral marching band behind them. I like it, it's good.

No walls are being torn down here to be built anew with fresh ideas, not like Canada's Antediluvian did so well on 'Through The Cervix of Hawaah' or Finland's Swallowed on 'Lunaterial', both of which were debut releases and definitely among the best albums out in their respected years. They are still miles ahead of any sister sound. It was fresh and it was absolutely saturated to the marrow in malignity.

Mind you, I have only heard two tracks from 'Bestial Hymns of Perversion' so maybe when I can digest it as a whole it will punch me in the gut differently, either way it will satiate your need for bestial death metal.

Bestial Hymns of Perversion (bandcamp)

2 comments:

  1. It ain't shabby. Been in a void with new releases this year. What's been good?

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you're here…