Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Encoffination / Sempiternal Dusk (2017) [split]




III - Hear Me, O' Death (Sing Thou Wretched Choirs)
was one of the best death metal albums to come out in 2014, and if you don't agree with that statement, you're opinion is wrong. So besides overplaying the shit out of Hear Me, O' Death I have been patiently waiting for Encoffination to release another full-length for me to ruin my ear drums to - I think they might be on their last legs from all the over zealous punishment - Sorry, what? Just kidding, I can hear you, loud and clear yuh dink.

•  †  •

It ain't a full length, but it'll do, a 15-minute track on a split with Sempiternal Dusk and though my thirst for putrid rotting death metal has not been fully satiated, this will suffice. Encoffination continues to show their particular penchant for writing songs so heavy, everything almost sounds as if it's crumbling beneath its weight. Sempiternal Dusk are no slouch on this split though, matching Encoffination's ferocity with a different sort of tact. One that is bolstered with cutting tempo changes through way of the riff, swirling and fetid. Get into it!

Encoffination // Sempiternal Dusk (Bandcamp)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you're here…