Thursday, October 26, 2017

Celeste - Infidèle(s) (2017)




Forgive me father for I have sinned, it's been 2 months since my last post. I've been keeping real busy dissolving my being into a strange reality, and now I am distilled and calm and back to this weird virtual astral plane, so let's chew some fat.

•  †  •

Firstly, I think Celeste is near perfect. As a sonic entity they are a monolithic force of distilled negative energy, marinating in a plasmid of elemental nihilism and pessimism and heavily brined in piss and vinegar and the crocodile tears of the doomed youth of today. They write songs with immense energy that draw from a breadth of influence running the gamut of black and doom metal to post-hardcore with the filthiness of crust and a dense wall of sound that is entirely besieged in feedback and caked in noise.

Infidèle(s) is a perfect listen to me and it will be one of the albums I point a finger at to be among the cream of the crop for albums released in 2017, and I don't want that to be understated as this year has had no famine of quality releases; Vulture's The Guillotine, Bestia Arcana's Holókauston, Elder's Reflections of a Floating World to drop a few names, have all put out albums of exemplary and unquestionable quality among their peers.

Infidèle(s, like anything Celeste has released, is a barrage of sonic negativity take takes form in a thick layer of whirring guitars and drums that have always been produced immaculately against vocals that cough up bile and blood in disenchanted belches of frustration and pure ennui. There is a "something" to their sound I can't pinpoint that they themselves only seem to have, a idiosyncracy unique to their result. Or, as the French would say "Je ne said quoi. Merde tette".

Celeste - Infidèle(s (bandcamp)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you're here…