Sunday, July 24, 2016

Yuppies - Yuppies (2013)


I've been sitting on this album for quite some time, hoarding it all to myself, listening to it frequently and silently applauding myself even more frequently. Noisy and brooding atmospheric punk that sounds like it was floor recorded in a dark and dingy basement. Sometimes sounding something like spoken word against erratic instrumentation, the combination works really well. I'm not going to dissect it, these guys nailed this debut album and everyone needs to listen to it and agree with what I say. Hail, all thee fucking Yuppies!

'Big toms, sharp sheets of metal. A dimly lit open room, noise and ruckus together again, as the members unite, to percuss the air. Now, the empty streets, they march in unison, clutching their weapons, destruction for, destruction safe, they do not neeeeeeeed. They speed off through the dark…

Alright, alright. We're going for a ride, whether you like it or not, grab your things collect your thoughts, we're going for a ride alright, alright.'



Yuppies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you're here…