Sunday, May 22, 2011

Kroda - Cry To Me, River (2005)


If you were to say to me, "Hey Chris, if you were stranded in a dense forest for a week and could only have 1 album on your iPod, which one would it be?"

I would hastily reply with, "Cry To Me, River by Kroda". Heavily inspired by nature, the allure of this beast takes form through finely crafted melodies and furious speed. The entirety of the album sounds like a grand battle between, trees, rapids, grizzly bears, survival kits, starvation, depression, torrential rain, Bear Grylls, insect swarms, and shamans.

Here's a true story: I grab my axe from inside my bedroom, put on my finest flannel, grab my iPod, click on playlist titled "Lumberjack shred", and walk out into my large backyard to chop firewood.

Guess what is on good ol' "Lumberjack shred"? Yup, mainly Kroda...with a mix of some other awesome shit I will probably get around to posting.

Lumberjack Shred

3 comments:

  1. I've been listening to Kroda a lot the past few weeks. Towards the Firmaments Verge of Life and Fimbulvinter are both fantastic albums, but Cry to Me River would be may favorite. It's not just REALLY good, it is essential. Good choice, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye, I do believe I was the one to turn you onto this particular album back on MT actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, at least two people there aren't totally useless, lol. For some reason Kroda's stuff makes me think of werewolves. It's all naturey and crap, but in a way that is wrong. Somehow beautiful and animalistically brutal at the same time. If you haven't tried them already, get the other two I mentioned also.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you're here…