Thursday, March 10, 2011

Offal - Offal (2006)


"Tonight, we begin with torture! Again I warn you, that if you find what you see is a little upsetting to your stomachs, then just pretend we're play-acting. But if you're skeptical or bored then just pretend what you see is real!" Starting off with this sound-clip from "Bloodsucking Freaks", how could this shit be bad?

It isn't, it's fucking rad. I bought this on a whim when I payed a routine visit to my favorite CD store "Sonic Boom" yesterday. I really didn't know what to expect, I mean, I knew it was going to be gnarly and chalked with gore just by looking at the illustrations and song titles on the CD, but I didn't expect to like it as much as I do.

What we have here is a festering pile of Death Metal. Forget modern day approach, this is grainy, messy, raw, and devoid of sophistication. Oozing with Autopsy worship this album still stands on it's own two feet with an atmosphere that is truly rancid and grotesque. The real gem is in the vocal work, it sounds as if a maggot infested undead overlord has belched them out.

Enjoy this scumfuck.

Anal Vapor Rising

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you're here…